published: 30 September 2019
- HOW THIS COMPETITION WORKS
The promoter of this competition is Centbee (Pty) Ltd, with Registration Number: 2017/014560/07 (“Centbee”). In these rules we refer to Centbee as the promoter. We refer to participants and winners as “you”.
Centbee will automatically enter your name into a draw each time you top up your Centbee wallet with Bitcoin SV (BSV) at a participating Pay@ retailer between 1 October 2019 (“opening date”) and 31 December 2019 (“the closing date”). “Top up” means you will create a Pay@ voucher in your Centbee wallet, and have the voucher barcode scanned, or the voucher number entered, by the cashier, at any participating retailer in South Africa, and then pay for the voucher at the retailer’s till point. The equivalent amount of Bitcoin SV is shortly thereafter credited (“loaded”) to your Centbee wallet. Participating retailers that accept Pay@ bill payments in South Africa are listed here .
Centbee reserves the right to extend the competition. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
After the closing date, Centbee will select one winner by randomly drawing a name from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by Centbee by calling the mobile number that was registered with their Centbee wallet.
The winner will win R10 000 (ten thousand rand only) in Bitcoin SV (“the Prize”) which will be sent to their Centbee wallet address. For purposes of these rules, Bitcoin SV will mean the cryptocurrency known as Bitcoin Satoshi Vision, Bitcoin SV, or BSV, all of which are interchangeable terms, and shall be valued at the most recently traded open market price as published in the Centbee app. Important note: Bitcoin SV is not the same as Bitcoin Core (BTC) or Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and is not interchangeable with these. You agree that the promoter is not responsible for fluctuations in the value of the Prize. As the value of Bitcoin SV is not centrally controlled or fixed, you understand that it may fluctuate according to supply and demand or any other market factors which influence price. The Prize will only be paid in Bitcoin SV at the prevailing exchange rate at the time the Bitcoin SV is sent to the winner’s Centbee wallet. No cash or other payments will be made. The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other cryptocurrency by Centbee.
Bitcoin SV is not currently regarded as a financial instrument, and is not regulated in South Africa. Centbee is not a registered Financial Services Provider and is not providing investment advice.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE COMPETITION?
Any natural person with a valid South African ID, who is at least registered as KYC level 1 in terms of Centbee’s AML Policy, that had an active Centbee wallet on 1 October 2019, is eligible for entry every time they successfully top up their wallet with Bitcoin SV at participating retailers. Please note that the promoter is not responsible to assist any person to open or top up a Centbee wallet. The following persons may not take part in the competition and will be disqualified. They will forfeit (give up) or refund any prizes awarded to them:
- Centbee’s employees, advisors, board members and consultants and their immediate family members.
- Any person that does not have an active Centbee Wallet at the time the Prize is awarded.
- Any person that is involved in running or marketing this competition, or awarding any prizes.
- HOW WILL THE WINNER BE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED?
The winner will be chosen through a random draw from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by telephone. If the promoter is not able to get hold of you within 5 (five) days after making reasonable efforts to do so, or you do not claim your prize on time, you will forfeit (lose) your prize and the promoter can randomly draw a new winner from eligible entries.
- GENERAL RULES THAT APPLY
- While prize winners may be asked to take part in publicity for the competition, prize winners have the right to refuse to do so. If you agree to take part in publicity, you give the promoter and its affiliates the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name to promote or publicise the competition, including the right to publish your name. Your name may also be announced on the promoter’s website and any other social media platforms used to promote the competition. The promoter retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winner of the competition.
- You may not misuse the competition in any way.
- You must comply with all the terms & conditions and privacy policies that apply to your Centbee Wallet.
- You must obtain at your own expense all equipment and services that are necessary to gain access to the app to take part in this competition.
- The promoter can put in place such technical or other remedies it considers appropriate to prevent abuse, or to protect any website, wallet, our systems and other users.
- The promoter shall not be liable to you for any disruption to the competition, because of technical or other problems, which is beyond its reasonable control. If there is disruption to the competition the promoter will, where possible, take reasonable steps to fix any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received for any reason, including, because they have been lost, or not received due to interrupted internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions.
- Any fraudulent entries will be disqualified.
You agree to indemnify the promoter fully for any loss or damage the promoter may suffer because you breached the competition rules. This means you agree to reimburse the promoter for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs of an attorney and own client scale.
You also agree to indemnify the promoter for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter yourself or top up your wallet, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or purchased Bitcoin SV or accepted or used Bitcoin SV.
You will protect the promoter from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because you: a) breached the competition rules b) took part in this competition or c) any person used a prize.
- If you fail to comply with any part of these rules you will be disqualified and you will give up (forfeit) any prize(s).
- Unless the promoter says otherwise you must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Automated or bulk entries will be disqualified.
- You are responsible for the tax associated with using or accepting any prize.
- You may not attempt to do anything to change the outcome of the competition in any way.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This means you cannot appeal any decision by the judges.
- The promoter has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and agree that you will have no rights against the promoter.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. The promoter can change the rules of the competition throughout the duration of the competition. For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended will be shown below the heading. It is your responsibility to check the rules for amendments.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- Where any dates or times need to be calculated in terms of this agreement, the international standard time: GMT plus two hours will be used.
- While the promoter may allow you extra time to comply with your obligations or decide not to exercise some or all of our rights, or waive certain requirements, the promoter can still insist on the strict application of any or all of its rights at a later stage. You must not assume that this means that the rules have been changed or that it no longer applies to you.
- You must send all legal notices to 3rd floor, 2 Merchant Place, Fredman Drive, Sandton, 2146, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- This competition and its rules will be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa regardless of where you live or work, or where or how you enter.
- If you have questions about these rules please email: firstname.lastname@example.org